We are pleased to share the launch of the Fall 2021 term of the U.S. Department of Energy’s Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program (CCUWDP). This fall, CCUWDP is offering 50 workforce development program positions across the nation and applications are now available. This is a wonderful opportunity for students looking to gain experience in the energy and transportation areas.
The Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program is an initiative of Clean Cities, a government-industry partnership sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Vehicle Technologies Program. Clean Cities strives to reduce petroleum consumption in the transportation sector in nearly 100 communities across the country. Since the creation of the CCUWDP in 2010, Clean Cities has hosted more than 500 interns in more than 75 Coalitions.
The Clean Cities internship will give students studying communications, public relations, business, marketing, engineering or environmental sciences, the opportunity to grow public awareness and expand the markets of advanced vehicle technologies, alternative fuels, and practices that reduce the consumption of petroleum. Students have participated in research, outreach activities, public education, K-12 outreach, fleet events, and a vast array of transportation-related environmental projects. See below for specific details about the Drive Clean Colorado internship positions.
- 2 internships available at Drive Clean Colorado, a Clean Cities Coalition working in communities across the state. Work includes support for social media and newsletter, engaging local fleet and city stakeholders, participating in events like ride & drives, workshops, tours and so forth. Interns will work with the DCC team to ensure coalition work approach is centered in equity and inclusion.
- Positions are 20 hours per week for 14 weeks
- Internship dates: September 14, 2021 through December 23, 2021. (Exact start/end dates will be determined by the intern and coalition.)
- Stipends range from $2,520 – $4,200 depending on academic classification, with additional funding for expenses and other costs.
- Past internships have led to permanent positions!
- Interns located in Colorado are preferred.
- Applications are due September 2, 2021.
To submit your resume and complete the online application, please click here. If selected, interns will be notified by September 15, 2021.