We are pleased to share the launch of the Spring 2022 term of the U.S. Department of Energy’s Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program (CCUWDP). This spring, CCUWDP is offering 50 workforce development program positions across the nation and applications are now available. This is a wonderful opportunity for students looking to gain experience in the energy and transportation areas.
The Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program is an initiative of Clean Cities, a government-industry partnership sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Vehicle Technologies Program. Clean Cities strives to reduce petroleum consumption in the transportation sector in nearly 100 communities across the country. Since the creation of the CCUWDP in 2010, Clean Cities has hosted more than 500 interns in more than 75 Coalitions.
Drive Clean Colorado is looking for an intern to join our team who has a passion for sustainable transportation and environmental issues. We need a team member who is collaborative and interested in all things marketing, databases, and CRMs, and who is committed to helping us improve our business relations. As part of our small team, you will be very hands-on in digital marketing and communications tasks, including social media, newsletters, CRM support, and maintaining and cultivating relationships with our stakeholders and sponsors.
This will be a part time, 14-week internship during the Spring semester of 2022. Applicant must be a student or have graduated within the last year. This position is remote, based in Colorado, with frequent in-person activities.
What You Will Be Doing:
● Identify ways to improve the company’s marketing efforts
● Support educational outreach and events, planning and promotion as well as attending events
● Handle the companies’ social media accounts and engage with followers
● Support marketing campaign planning and execution
● Write copy for social media posts, promotional emails, newsletters and other marketing collateral
● Assist in the creation of written, video, and image content for marketing channels
● Participate in marketing brainstorming sessions
● Assist in the management of website SEO
● Assist in managing the company’s CRM (Hubspot) and providing insight into ways to improve the utilization of our databases
● Measure and report the results of marketing initiatives
● Applied understanding of basic marketing principles
● Familiarity with major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
● Proven interest in databases and CRMs
● Self-starter with ability to work independently
● Comfortable with multitasking in a deadline-driven environment
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Understanding of SEO techniques and best practices
● Basic photography, image and video editing, and graphic design skill
Why work at Drive Clean Colorado?
● Make an impactful difference for clean air, climate change mitigation, and environmental justice
● Paid stipend for the internship
● 4-day work week = work-life balance
● Collaborative, close knit team
● Work from home (80% of the time)
● Possibility of the role transitioning into full-time work
● Ability to connect with major stakeholders in the clean transportation field
- Internship timeline: January 10 – April 22, 2022
- Stipends range from $2,520 – $4,200 depending on academic classification, with additional funding for expenses and other costs.
- Past internships have led to permanent positions!
- Interns located in Colorado are preferred.
- Applications due by January 14, 2022, but early applications are preferred.
To submit your resume and cover letter, please email email@example.com.
Questions? Email: CleanCitiesIntern@anl.gov