On January 15 we held our 2021 Annual Clean Cities Stakeholder Meeting. For this year our theme was Recover Re-imagine Recharge. We spent a packed two and a half hours with our stakeholders in what was at times a rapid-fire succession of discussions about current clean fuels and advanced technology work going on in Colorado.
The full slide deck can be found here and links to videos of the individual session can be found below.
The Colorado Clean Fuels Roundtable (slides and video of this session) was the most attended session of the event. Led by John Gonzales of the National Renewable Energy Lab, this roundtable covered hydrogen, propane, EVs, and renewable natural gas with the following speakers:
- Brian DeBruine, Colorado Hydrogen Network
- Jessie Lund, Rocky Mountain Institute
- Sam Wade, RNG Coalition
- Steve Whaley, Propane Research & Education Council
Tyler Svitak, Colorado Smart Cities Alliance, moderated a Q&A session about Xcel Energy’s Transportation Energy Plan (slides and video of this session) with Travis Madsen of Southwest Energy Efficiency Project (SWEEP) and Christian Williss from the Colorado Energy Office.
We had three quick updates:
- Colorado’s Electric Vehicle Corridors Status Update from Zach Owens, Colorado Energy Office (slides and video of this session)
- Electric School Bus Working Group Report from Paola Massoli, DMCC Industry Advisor (video of this session)
- Data Sharing: Light, Medium and Heavy Duty Vehicles and EVSE with Mary Till of Sawatch and Sonja Meintsma, DMCC Project Manager
We ended the day with an overview of the DRIVE Electric USA and Drive Electric Colorado starting with remarks from Jonathan Overly, Executive Director, Tennessee Clean Fuels who is the lead for DRIVE Electric USA, comments from Bonnie Trowbridge, Drive Electric Colorado lead and DMCC Executive Director who outlined work planned for the first part of 2021. We also go to meet each of the Colorado ReCharge Coaches: Laurie Dickson (4CORE), Stefan Johnson (CLEER), Diego Lopez (NCCC), Sonja Meintsma (South Central ReCharge), Gabriella Perkins (DMCC).